Friday, March 30, 2012

In a bind

This quilt is all done except for the binding.


There are so many prints in here.
I'm having trouble choosing my binding.
I really want a cute pink stripe
but I can't seem to find the right one.
So I'm thinking about Running Stitches in Raspberry



But I'll need to order it since I don't have enough.

I know I said I was officially on a fabric "diet" 
since my most recent spree but I ordered this stack last night.
I simply could not stop myself!


Normally, I like to choose my own fabrics.
But I just fell in love with this stack.  
Fabricworm sure knows how to pick 'em.

6 comments:

  1. I am drooling over this quilt, I love the perfect stitching! Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabric worm... they are evil! and i think that pink is perfect for the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pink for the binding. Very sweet. And I can see why you grabbed that stack - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little appliqued quilt and I am excited to see the the binding. Fabricworm does make great bundles, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt! It is so cute!! I have never made an appliqued quilt before. Did you do anything special to the appliques to keep them from fraying on the edges when you wash the quilt?
    Thanks!! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katelyn,
      Thank you so much! You know what, I actually want the edges to fray and soften. It will give this particular quilt some really amazing texture. But last year I learned this really great technique for applique at The Sewing Summit. Here is a link to the tutorial....
      http://www.pieceandquilt.com/2009/11/starch-applique-tutorial.html
      You should check it out!

      p.s. I tried to email you but you are a no-reply blogger. Read this if you want to fix that...
      http://kisskissquilt.blogspot.com/2011/06/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

      Delete