Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Racing the Clock

It's been a bit crazy around here!
I am in a full panic trying to get crib bedding done for a friend who is due very soon.
It doesn't help that it's Thanksgiving week and I am hosting 12 adults and 15 children for dinner.
Lot's to be done!



For Stacey's crib quilt I used Oh Fransson's pattern Small Plates.
It's from her book.


It remains my favorite quilting book to date.
Every single project in it speaks to me!
If you don't have a copy I highly recommend you treat yo'self (Parks and Rec anyone?)

Aside from cooking a big 'ol turkey I am dying to make these appetizers!
click on the pics to go the source

Caprese Skewers


Cranberry Salsa Dip


What about you guys?  
Are you sewing or cooking this week?
Or both?

7 comments:

  1. i love the chevrons! i think they look so great! i love the quilt. what line of fabric is it? i also really want to try out that cranberry salsa! mmmmm! and for my week... i am cooking a little and sewing a lot. i am trying to start and finish a quilt for my mom by thursday. wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicke by Thursday??? You crazy! I'm glad I'm not the only one ;-) This fabric is Secret Garden by Sandi Henderson. I love all of the different color ways that it comes in. Plus we added some Cabernet by Patricia Bravo and 3 different Chevron's from Premier Prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chevrons! And see..that's why I can sew all week...I'm not having a gazillion people over :-) All I have to make are mashed potatoes and cranberry fluff. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your quilt is turning out. It looks fabulous!
    Woah - 27 people for dinner, I'd be freaking out by now! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished up some sewing yesterday and then it's non stop cooking until Friday when I can sew again. Somewhere in there I need to start some Christmas stuff, but I also need to sleep.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the chevron in the quilt! Good luck this week Lu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALWAYS both - my oldest recently told me she needs a tiny sewing machine to put in her play house :) Thanks for the great giveaway over at The Idea Room - I have a deep-seated addiction to fabric and love yours - maybe I'll win - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete