Monday, November 14, 2011

Best decision ever!

Well, maybe not EVER.
I decided to drop my Christmas blanket off to my favorite long arm quilter on Friday.
Two short hours later she called me back and said it was done!
Already???
I told her that I wanted minimal stitching so that it would keep it's loftiness.
Because of that she squeezed me in.
Fabulous!
Icing on the cake....she only charged me $20!
I mean, this is a twin sized blanket.
So so so worth it!


I love these sheets from Garnet Hill!
You can buy them individually rather than in a set.
Which is nice if you want 2 different fabrics.
I decided that it needed a really thick binding so I cut 4" strips.
Then I sewed with a 1/2" inseam.
My kids are dying...DYING to get their hands on it!

12 comments:

  1. this is such a cute idea and I am already planning for next year to do this for my grandkids. I just don't have enough hours in the day to do it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute and what a great deal! $20!!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That totally rocks. I still need to find a good long arm quilter near me. I have been procrastinating it but I am running out of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great - and done before thanksgiving! what a great finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's super cute Lu! Warm and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't beat that, can you? Looks so cute and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Another thing to cross off the list. So cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im in love with your quilts and promise i will own one soon!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what is that binding fabric-- it is SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete