Thursday, February 23, 2012

Can't feel my fingers

I have been having so much fun with my sewing machine 
that I forgot about my blog and everyone else's
Please forgive me.
I've spent the last couple of days dragging this everywhere I go....


And since I'm a stubborn fool who hates thimble's
I can't feel my fingers!
I don't normally hand quilt a big quilt like this but the back is minky.
And it's my opinion that the more you stitch minky
the more it loses it's plush.

In other news, I learned that Natalie of Craftin' Mechanic is practically my neighbor!
She's the girl who won last week's goody bag.
So we decided to meet up for breakfast so I could deliver her goods.
And do you know what, she totally spoiled me!
She stubbornly insisted on buying me breakfast 
AND 
she made me these gorgeous green turquoise earrings!


I immediately told her that 
I was the one who was supposed to be doing the spoiling!
Aren't they beautiful and so perfectly simple!?!
I love them and have worn them twice already!
Thanks Natalie!

5 comments:

  1. I've missed you. I guess you are finished decorating and back to sewing. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Lu i am so glad you are back! i love the earrings and i am so jealous that you have a quilting/sewing friend sooo close! i love minky on the back of quilts, they are much cozier and if you are hand quilting it is going to be even better! i can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you - totally understand getting into projects though - I have about 4 backlogged on the computer right now that need photos edited and posts written! Can't wait to see that quilt when it's done. I LOVE minky backs - I have some and the quilt kit to make the quilt . . . add that to my list of projects to-do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun meeting up with you! Did you get my email? I have plans for a couple of patterns already. Thanks again for meeting up with me:)

    ReplyDelete