Well....I was super nervous about starting this quilt for a friend.
It's a lot of pressure when you're dealing with $1500 worth of Matilda Jane clothes!
So, I just closed my eyes and made the first cut.
I cut all of the dresses so they lay flat.
Then I ironed some light weight fusible to the back side
so all of the tucks and gathers would stay in place.
Then I got to the real cutting!
I used Magic Numbers for my piecing method.
I decided using multiple sized squares would be the best way to avoid tons of waste!
This quilt is for a friend of mine made from her only daughters old clothes.
So I really wanted it to be reminiscent of the actual outfits.
So I kept details like pockets, gathers, and ruffles.
I had to cut notches where seams were to bulky and didn't lay flat.
It should end up being twin sized.
And it might take me a loooong time to complete this baby!
But I'm having a ton of fun working on it!
Thanks for popping by!