Friday, March 1, 2013

The best kind of busy!

I have been sewing!  I swear!
But I have also been sitting in the bleachers 
being a crazy cheerleader Mom.
I totally embarrass my boys....I know this.
But guess what, I don't care :-)


That's my numero dos being the rebound fool that he is

My two oldest boys have been in the playoff's for the last few weeks.
Game by game making their way toward the final.


That's my oldest going up for the shot, dang I love basketball!

Both teams did very well!  One made it to the final four while 
the other made it all the way to the championship game but lost.
Seasons over.....so sad!
Oh wait, spring season starts today.
It never ends!

Okay, thanks for indulging me!  I always geek out over basketball.
Back to matters......


I finished this quilt for Art Mom with a Pearl Earring.
I love this quilt so much!
It has all of the best fabrics from my stash in it.



This time around I used Soft & Bright batting because she 
wanted it to have some fluff.
I also quilted it with traditional loops and swirls.
Straight line stitching, sometimes, is too flat for my taste.


I just had to back it with these Sew Stitchy sewing pins because it's
not too often that I sew for a fellow quilter!
I knew she would love this print.  

I can't lie....I might have watched a TV show or two 
underneath this blanket before I handed it over.
It was fabulous!  I didn't want it to end.
I hope that she and her children fight over it :-)


3 comments:

  1. Well done to your boys!
    Gorgeous quilt Lu - I absolutely love the backing - so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your sons. Basketball is still one of my favorite sports to watch my kids play. #1 son just played in an alumni game from high school and I was a screaming fool just like I was nearly 20 years ago when he played. Oh, and don't even get me started about water polo. Some of my best mom memories are watching the boys play all their various sports. Now we are on to the next generation, but it will be a while before I can honestly say I enjoy watching them. 6 year olds playing basketball is not nearly as fun as high schoolers.

    Your quilt is awesome and I am sure your friend will "use and abuse" it as you like to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to sit behind you in the bleachers and see your crazy cheering! We are just getting ready to start soccer here with the oldest two boys and that will lead straight into baseball season, so I'm trying to cram a bunch of sewing in before the crazy starts. Your friends quilt is beautiful and I LOVE that quilting!

    ReplyDelete