Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A different AFTER...

My cabinets aren't ready to show their pretty little faces yet.  
But they look Goo-ood!
Apparently the paint has to cure for 1-2 weeks
before we can put everything back inside.
Why I chose the first week of school to tear our kitchen apart I have no idea!


So here is a different BEFORE and AFTER that was super fun.
Here is our downstairs family room when we first moved in....

We have this lovely denim couch that we will likely never replace.
I mean you should just see all of the jumping and hanging around that takes place on these couches.
It's total abuse!  
We have decided to never put nice couches downstairs.  Ever.



And aren't these holes in the wall behind the couch super attractive???
I mean, can you even tell what they are?


So here's what we did...


We framed out a cute little playhouse that says "come in and play!"


And added a faux chandelier from from this darling store.


And how do you jazz up an old faded couch?
I don't know, but I added some super bright pillows.
And 2 rectangular leather ottoman's so everyone can put their feet up.


Most of the fabrics I used are from Company C.  
i LOVE that they sell fabrics by the yard!!
They are super expensive so I have a little trick....
Buy the 27" fabric swatch for way cheaper.
You can use this piece for the front of your pillow.  
Then back it with a high contrasting linen.
(you can kind of get a glimpse on the turquoise toile pillow above)


Now all that's left to do is paint the walls.
Ha, I sometimes do things completely and totally backwards.
Oh well :-)


6 comments:

  1. Great before and after! Love the pillows too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I've been wanting to make pillows for a long time, but just have never gotten around to it. This gives me a little push. They make such a difference.

    The house idea was also brilliant! Such a fun space for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh - so cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, Why O Why did it take me so long to find your blog. I lost you!

    But now you are found.

    Love you girly!

    ReplyDelete