Tuesday, September 6, 2011

To cut or not to cut?

So I'm finally back to my sewing room!  
This time I'm working on a mini project for a great cause.
I am donating 2 blocks that will be used in quilts for two sisters that are in foster care. 
These girls are greatly in need of some love and kindness.
You can read more about them here.

Here are the blocks we've been asked to donate...



They need to be purple and pink, they're favorite colors.
So.....I have this amazing old skirt from Boden that doesn't fit quite right.  
I'm seriously considering chopping it up just for these two sisters.




I think it will be so cute!
Just one thing, is it too cutesy for teenagers?  
I mean, it's fruit.
I'm leaning toward the chopping option.

3 comments:

  1. see ya later sucka! the skirt would look great as a quilt and if you don't do it- you'll always think you're wearing a quilt if you ever put it on again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really fun! And I'm assuming that if pink and purple are their favorite colors, they probably like cutesy!

    ReplyDelete