Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Long time no blog...


It's been a busy April/May.
Busier than I like to be. 
I just finished up a slew of custom orders
I'm working on 2 new patterns
My kids have been studying for end of year testing
blah, blah, blah, blah blah....

Mother's Day kind of came out of nowhere this year!
So I stitched up this pillow for my Mom.



You know what, I have never sewn anything for my Mom.
Can you believe that?


Probably because she's a wicked seamstress with a well trained eye.
Heaven forbid she might see my shortcomings.



She really loves this Amy Butler collection. 
And what do you know, she bathed me in compliments when I gave it to her.
Yay!


My mother in law loves her kitchen, loves to host and set her table. 
And like all women, she loves beautiful things. 
So I turned out these hot pads for her. 
I know she'll never actually use them.
They will just hang decoratively from her oven handle.
I'm cool with that :-)

I had a fantastic Mother's Day!
I didn't have to cook or clean or anything.
That's my kind of day off.

Plus, I received this big beauty....

This is not my usual kind of Mother's Day present so don't go thinking that I'm spoiled or anything.
But really, I am so spoiled in all of the best ways.
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment