Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Going round in circles....

Here is a reader question I get often....

Hi Lu!
My friend Gretchen McKinney just directed me to your blog. She is having you put together a little quilt for her son & I couldn't be more excited for her after seeing your work! You are so talented!
I am just finishing up my first quilt ever... that I made for my daughter... and it was such a simple little quilt. I bought some fabric to start on one for my son & I've been at a loss of what to do with it until I just looked at your blog & saw that you have created a quilt with it!
It's in the first post that you posted on the blog dated December 1st, 2010.... and it's the Riley Blake cars fabric. Would you please be so kind as to share with me what pattern you used for that quilt? It will only be my second quilt... do you think it's okay for a beginner?

I would appreciate any feedback you can give! I'm excited to follow your blog & see what else you come up with. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create for my dear friend, Gretchen!

~ Jamie


I decided to post this most recent inquiry because the answer is so fun and free!

Who doesn't love free???


This is the bedding that Jamie is referring to.
I made this crib set for the lovely Melisa M. last year.


This darling little bundle below is Melisa's son Nixon.
photographed by Peekaboo Photos


  Now I'll tell you what I told Jamie... 
This pattern isn't near as hard or complicated as it looks! 
And you can go here for the free pattern complete with great photos and instruction.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the information Lu! I've started on the quilt & it isn't nearly as hard as it looks.... it's turning out to be very cute too! It looks like you quilted the circles with circles & the rest free-motion... is that right? That tutorial is wonderful & easy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.... and I'm so excited to see Gretchen's sneak peek! She told me that it was "coming soon".... can't wait to see! You are so inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the link. This looks lovely! I have never quilted before but I would love to try...

    ReplyDelete