Sunday, December 9, 2012

The shame!

CONFESSION:
I don't normally make any Christmas presents.
none.
I feel horribly guilty about this when I see 
all of my quilty friends making such lovely things.

Christmas is pretty stressful on it's own without adding to it 
the anxiety of sewing late into the night 
every.single.night.
So I just don't.

But that all changes this year!
I am making, not one, but two rather large quilts 
for loved ones this year.
First up.....


I spent some time on Saturday basting this quilt
since it was horribly cold and gray outside.
I have had these fabs on ice for the last 2 years.
I won't say who it's for just incase.

Now it's time to get busy top stitching!
Thanks for popping in :-)

6 comments:

  1. don't you just love this pattern. I have made three of them and love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With 5 little ones I can sort of understand.... I only have two and stille struggle to find time. II always try to sneak in a quilt or two though and then some small extra handmade things like little bags or key holders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually make presents either. I'll bake things to give to neighbors, but don't really do the making as in sewing gifts for people either. I sooo want to try that giant star, yours looks wonderful in that collection!

    ReplyDelete